Thursday, October 16, 2008

my bi-weekly produce box delivery

I've been splurging for a few months and am getting every 2 weeks a "box" delivery from Planet Organics. I actually really like the service and looked into alot of different CSA subscriptions but settled on this one in part b/c they will also deliver organic grocery items. My last delivery was a bit messed up but included this beautiful yellow/cheddar cauliflower. It was as tasty as it is pretty. We have had the most amazing fruits and veggies this summer, really amazing flavors. PO is based in Sonoma, and they drive down and deliver everything to us on Thursday. I would encourage anyone to participate in this type of a service, it is expensive, but really convenient and the items you get are so much more flavorful than anything you get in the grocery store-including Whole Foods. See list a list of csa options in your area visit http://www.localharvest.org/ and put in your zip code.

No comments: